Know How to Get A New PAN Card In 10 Minutes!Sat May 30 2020 / By: Rashmi
After a lot of beta testing, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has finally launched the service of instant allotment of online PAN card. The KYC will be done online, and the only thing applicants will need to apply is the Aadhaar card and a mobile number registered with the same Aadhaar card. To get the e-KYC done, the applicants will have to go the website of the Income Tax Department.
How to get PAN card online?
The Income Tax department itself described the process of applying PAN online. In the official statement, it said that the application process is very easy. “The applicant may go to the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department to provide her/his valid Aadhaar no & submit the OTP generated on the Aadhaar registered mobile no.”
Here is the step by step procedure of applying for PAN
1. Go to the official website of the Income Tax department.
2. The form will ask to register your first name, middle name, email id & mobile number linked to Aadhaar card.
3. An OTP will be sent to the number you have provided in the form.
4. Once you submit the OTP, the website will generate you a 15-digit acknowledgment number.
5. You can check your application status by submitting your Aadhaar number.
6. If the IT department doesn't find any problem in your application, it will release your e-PAN card.
7. The e-PAN will be sent to the email attached to your Aadhaar card.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman did announce this instant PAN service in the Union Budget of 2020. In the official statement, the Ministry of Finance said that the e-PAN facility would be available for every applicant who has minimum two things- Aadhaar card and a mobile number registered to the same Aadhaar card. The allotted PAN card will be digital.
Notably, the Income Tax Department used to charge processing fees from applicants, but the e-PAN card will be provided to the applicants free of cost.
Before officially announcing the start of instant PAN card services, the Income Tax Department had started a ‘Beta version’ of the same facility from Feb 12, 2020. Since then, more than 6 lakh instant PAN cards have been released by the Income Tax Department.
Found the piece helpful? Keep reading BankingOnTips to know more.